Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Flower Girl and The Ring Bearer


At the end of June, Brennan (my first cousin once removed) got married to a wonderful man named Jeremy. I have to say that they are the bravest bride and groom I've ever known. Why, you ask? They asked 9 boys and girls, 5 and under, to be in their wedding. If that is not brave, I don't know what is. Of course I was more nervous about Hudson than Abby because Abby was thrilled about walking down the aisle with flowers in her hair.


Hudson, my 2 year old son, who doesn't sit still and doesn't take direction well was another story. I think Honey was more nervous than I was though. She had Hudson practice several times walking with a pillow. He seemed to like it because he even wanted to sleep with it several nights. Then I had him practice in some dress shoes because he had never worn them before. Then came the wedding weekend when I found out that Hudson would not be carrying a pillow and he would walk down the aisle barefoot. Well, he made the adjustment fine.

To sum up, the 6 oldest of the 9 made it down the aisle. Abby and Hudson along with Libby and Knox and Virginia and Henry(more first cousins once removed).

I helped host the bridesmaid luncheon which was actually and manicure party for the wedding party. It was so much fun!


I always love rehearsal dinners because you get to know the other person in the wedding better. Brent and I have loved Jeremy from the beginning just by spending many times at the lake with him. But then to hear his friends say such great and wonderful things about him, makes me even happier is is now a part of our family.


The wedding was beautiful! Beautiful bride, handsome groom, and a good lookin wedding party. The mother of the bride was stunning and the father of the groom was handsome...and gained another man in the house! The reception was a PARTY with great food and an awesome band. All the guest got to dress up in a photo booth and take pictures, one to keep and one to put in a book for the bride and groom. Then leave it to my creative cousin Bev to think of the coolest idea...both Brennan and Jeremy's entire family came to the dance floor with sunglasses (provided by Bev) and danced to We are Family. What a memory.


Then we sent the bride and groom off very late and Abby and Hudson were right there throwing petals at them as they got into their car. What a special time with family and I am so honored Abby and Hudson were a part of it. We love you Brennan and Jeremy!!!


Abby and Brennan at the Bridesmaid luncheon




Hostesses and Brennan(Merrill, Kelly, Rolana, Brennan, me, Sarah, Brittany)




manicures for the flowergirls




Abby tired on on of the bridesmaid's sunglasses




the bride and flowergirls



yummy cupcakes




Kelly and me (not too many pictures of just us 2)




me, Libby, Kelly, and Abby




about to start the rehearsal



practice makes (almost) perfect




the big day!


Hudson and Knox


angels!!!



My little Hudson


Our Family


Abby


Abby and Hudson


snack time


Henry, Hudson, and Knox up to no good


no good at all


Abby's hair


No telling what question Abby asked Brennan


8 of the 9 flower girls and ring bearers and 1 program attendant with Brennan and Jeremy


The Bourland/Wade Family


Virginia and Abby dancing


The Bourland/Collins Family...and Hugh


Nana dancing in her shades


Honey and Pop Pop with their boys



groom and brideSmiles:)



No comments: